Watermelon Barbecue Sauce
Recipe Type: BBQ Sauce
- 1 6 lb seedless watermelon
- 8 oz tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- ½ cup sherry
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Cut the melon into chunks and place in a saucepan.
- Cook uncovered over medium heat until the melon is the consistency of applesauce (approximately 2-3 hours). Stir it occasionally.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Simmer uncovered over low heat for 2 hours.
- Allow to cool to room temperature before using.