Author: Great River Organic Milling
Recipe Type: Side Dish
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 4 Tablespoons melted butter or oil
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup Great River Corn Meal
- 1 cup Great River Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Beat together egg, buttermilk and honey. Stir in melted butter. Mix together the dry ingredients. Combine two mixtures and stir. Bake in greased 8x8x2″ pan or muffin tins. Bake 20 minutes for a pan of bread and 15 – 17 for muffins, or until golden brown.
Check out Great River Organic Milling for main ingredients.