Sweet Potato Cornbread
Author: White Lily
Recipe Type: Side Dish
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup baked, peeled and mashed sweet potato
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1¼ cups buttermilk
- ¼ cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 2 cups White Lily® Enriched Self-Rising White Cornmeal Mix
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- HEAT oven to 375ºF. Coat generously 10½-inch cast iron skillet with no-stick cooking spray. Place in oven to heat about 10 minutes.
- BLEND together sweet potatoes, eggs, brown sugar, buttermilk and oil in large bowl until smooth. Stir in cornmeal mix and pumpkin pie spice until well blended. Pour into hot skillet.
- BAKE 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown.
Check out White Lily for ingredients.