Sour Cherry Grilling Sauce
Recipe Type: BBQ Sauce
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- ¼ cup molasses
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 Tbs ginger, minced
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 pinch allspice
- 1 cup pitted sour cherries.
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a small non-reactive sauce pan, combine vinegar and orange juice. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until reduced by 50%. About 30 to 40 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients EXCEPT the cherries. Cook until combined, about 4 minutes.
- Add the cherries. Cook for 10 minutes.
- With an immersion blender puree the sauce. (or use a food processor or blender)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
I came across a file with thousands of BBQ recipes. The appear old and most don’t have any type of credit of where they came from. If you recognize a recipe please let me know so I can give proper credit.