I recently reviewed a fantastic new cookbook from The Salt Lick BBQ. The Salt Lick Cookbook: A Story of Land, Family, and Love is one of the best BBQ cookbooks I’ve read in a long time. The gang at the Salt Lick were nice enough to share this great recipe with the readers of The BBQ Grail. If you’re looking for a great read along with some fantastic recipes check out this cookbook.
The Game or The Food…
For my family it’s hard sometimes to tell what’s more important. Well actually I know for me it’s the food. Even if the game is what’s most important to you, you can’t deny a laying out a great spread with a variety of foods will make the game even better.
Stuffed mushrooms are a favorite for my friends, and most of my family, and this recipe takes the stuffed mushrooms and ramps it up to a whole new level. The next time you smoke a brisket save a some of it and give these mushrooms a try.
- 2 chopped briskets (half loin, half deckle)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1?2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 4 ounces Salt Lick Lauren’s Spicy Recipe Bar-B-Que Sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 30 large white mushrooms, stemmed
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley for garnish, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine first 6 ingredients in large bowl and stuff spoonful of mixture into each mushroom cap. Place 12 mushroom caps on baking sheet, and top each with small dollop of Lauren’s Spicy Recipe sauce. Bake 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown on top. Continue with remaining caps. Garnish with chopped parsley, and serve.