Yucatan BBQ Sauce
Recipe Type: BBQ Sauce
- 2 lemons
- 5 oranges
- 1 tablespoon Achiote seed softened in warm water
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- ½ cup ground ancho chili
- ½ cup ground New Mexico chili
- ½ cup ground California chile
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoon salt
- Peel the lemons and oranges to get long strips of peel.
- Squeeze the juice from the peeled fruits and combine it with peel and all other ingredients in a large mixing bowl, mix well.
- Working in batches, transfer to a food processor or blender and process until its chopped to a coarse sticky paste.
I came across a file with thousands of BBQ recipes. They look at least 10 years old and most don't have any type of credit of where they came from. If you recognize a recipe please let me know so I can give proper credit.