Talmadge Farm Barbeque Sauce
Recipe Type: BBQ Sauce
- 1 cup Cider or red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons Dry mustard
- 1¼ cups ketchup
- 5 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 lemon, thinly slice and seeds removed
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Combine the vinegar, grated ginger, mustard, ketchup, worcestershire, garlic, brown sugar, and lemon slices in a stainless steel or enamel saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer 15 minutes. Add the butter, and simmer 2 minutes longer.
- Stir in the salt and lemon juice.
- Set the sauce aside to ripen for several hours or overnight. Then strain, and store in a cover jar in the refrigerator.