Sybil Carter's Barbecue Sauce
Recipe Type: BBQ Sauce
- 3 tablespoons bacon drippings
- 1 onion,peeled/chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup green pepper,chopped
- 1 can tomatoes,canned (16 oz)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 lemon,quartered
- ¼ cup Vinegar
- 1 ts Salt
- 3 dashes Red pepper sauce
- Heat bacon fat in a large heavy pot over low heat
- Saute onion, garlic, and green pepper until limp.
- Add remaining ingredients, blend well, bring to simmering, then lower heat and cook slowly until thick.
- Remove and discard lemon quarters.
I came across a file with thousands of BBQ recipes. They look at least 10 years old and most don't have any type of credit of where they came from. If you recognize a recipe please let me know so I can give proper credit.