Recipe: Sun-Dried Tomato Balsamic Vinegar BBQ Sauce
Author: BBQ Grail
BBQ sauce made with Bella Sun Lucia Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and rough chopped
- ¼ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Yuzu
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a small saucepan bring the tomatoes, apples, brown sugar, ketchup and water to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Add tomato apple mixture and remaining ingredients to a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Store in refrigerator, in air tight container, for 4 hours before using.
- Brush on chicken or fish in the last fifteen minutes of grilling