Spanish Potato Salad
Author: Hot Off The Grill With Bobby Flay
Recipe Type: Side Dish
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 pinch saffron threads
- 1 cup good-quality mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Salt (to taste)
- Freshly-ground black pepper (to taste)
- 2 pounds new potatoes
- 1 large tomato (coarsely chopped)
- ½ cup finely-diced Spanish onion
- 1 tablespoon finely-chopped fresh thyme
- ¼ cup coarsely-chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Combine the vinegar, honey and saffron in a small pot. Bring to a boil over high heat; immediately remove from the heat and let sit until cool to room temperature.
- Combine the mayonnaise and garlic with the saffron mixture in a medium mixing bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cook the potatoes in a large pot of boiling, salted water until tender. Drain and slice ½-inch thick. Place in a large serving bowl and immediately fold in the mayonnaise mixture, tomatoes, onion, thyme and parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.