South American Hot BBQ Sauce
Recipe Type: BBQ Sauce
- ½ cup yellow onion, minced
- ½ cup bell pepper, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cup tomato puree
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- ⅓ cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1½ teaspoon Salt
- Stir fry onion, green pepper and garlic in oil in a saucepan over moderate
- heat 5 to 8 minutes until onion is pale golden.
- Add chili powder and stir fry 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- Use as a basting sauce for spareribs, beef or poultry.
I came across a file with thousands of BBQ recipes. They look at least 10 years old and most don't have any type of credit of where they came from. If you recognize a recipe please let me know so I can give proper credit.