Softshell Crab Sandwich With Toasted Paprika Aioli
Author: Hot Off The Grill With Bobby Flay
Recipe Type: Main
- 1 cup prepared mayonnaise
- 6 garlic cloves (roasted)
- 2 teaspoons Spanish paprika (toasted)
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt (to taste)
- Freshly-ground black pepper (to taste)
- 4 softshell crabs (cleaned)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups watercress (washed)
- 4 large crusty rolls
- Place the mayonnaise, garlic, toasted paprika, cayenne and lemon juice in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Preheat grill.
- Brush the crabs with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Grill.
- Place 1 crab on each roll, spread with aioli and top with watercress.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.