Dried Apricot-Mint Pork Rib Glaze
Author: Hot Off The Grill With Bobby Flay
Recipe Type: BBQ Sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons ancho chile powder
- 4 cups red wine
- 4 cups red wine vinegar
- 2 cups sugar
- 7 dried unsulfured apricots. coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons tamarind pulp
- ¼ cup mint chiffonade
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil until almost smoking in a large suacepan and cook the onion until soft, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and ancho powder and cook for 2 minutes. Add the wine, vinegar, and sugar, increase the heat to high and bring to a boil. Cook, stirring until the sugar has dissolved, and continue cooking until reduced by half.
- Add the apricots and cook until softened, about 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the tamarind pulp and mint. Place the mixture in a food processor and process until smooth.