Author: White Lily
Recipe Type: Side Dish
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1½ cups White Lily® Enriched Self-Rising White Cornmeal Mix
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup salsa
- 1 (4 oz.) can diced green chiles
- HEAT oven to 425°F.
- COAT an 8 or 10-inch skillet or 9-inch baking pan with 1 tablespoon oil. Place in oven to preheat.
- COMBINE cornmeal mix and garlic powder in large bowl.
- MIX 1 tablespoon oil, egg, milk, salsa and chiles in separate bowl. Pour milk mixture into cornmeal mixture. Stir until blended. Pour into preheated pan.
- BAKE 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Check out White Lily for ingredients.