Red Sea BBQ Rub
Author: Larry Gaian @BBQGrail
Recipe Type: BBQ Rub
- ⅓ cup caraway seeds
- ⅓ cup cumin seeds
- 3 tablespoons cardamom seeds
- 1 tablespoon whole black peppercorns
- 4 whole cloves
- 3 tablespoons coarse kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons ground turmeric
- Toast caraway seeds, cumin seeds, cardamon seeds, peppercorns and cloves in a heavy bottom skillet over medium-high heat on the stove. Stir until seeds are slightly darker, about 2 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Working in batches, finely grind spice mixture and salt in spice mill. Add to a medium bowl and whisk in tumeric.
- Store in an airtight container.