Recipe: Tangy Red Grilled Chicken
Author: National Chicken Council
- 4 broiler-fryer chicken quarters
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup bottled brown steak sauce
- 2 tablespoons prepared Russian dressing
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- In medium bowl, place chicken and pour vinegar over all. Cover and marinate in refrigerator at least 4 hours or preferably overnight.
- In small bowl, mix steak sauce and Russian dressing. Pour off and discard vinegar; sprinkle chicken with garlic salt and pepper. Place chicken on prepared grill, skin side up, about 8 inches from heat. Cook, turning and basting with sauce every 7 minutes, about 45 minutes or until fork can be inserted in chicken with ease.