Grilled Tandoori Prawns
Author: Hot Off The Grill With Bobby Flay
Recipe Type: Main
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely-chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons finely-chopped ginger
- 16 jumbo prawns (shelled, deveined)
- 4 metal skewers (or soaked wooden skewers)
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon finely-chopped ginger
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ancho chile powder
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- ½ teaspoon freshly-ground white pepper
- Whisk together the lemon juice, garlic and ginger. Place prawns in a shallow baking dish and cover with the lemon mixture. Let sit 15 minutes. Drain and pat the prawns dry.
- Mix together all marinade ingredients. Place prawns back in the baking dish and cover with the marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Thread 4 shrimp on a skewer and grill for 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.