Spicy Plum Grilled Chicken Thighs
Author: Hot Off The Grill With Bobby Flay
Recipe Type: Main
- 8 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
- Salt (to taste)
- Freshly-ground black pepper (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 small onion (coarsely chopped)
- 4 garlic cloves (coarsely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon coarsely-chopped fresh ginger
- 1 Thai chile (coarsely chopped)
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1½ pounds red or purple plums (pitted, and)
- coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Use side burner or grill. Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic and cook until soft. Add ginger, chile pepper, cinnamon and cloves and cook for 2 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and cook until plums are soft and mixture has thickened. Place mixture in a food processor and mix until smooth. Let cool.
- Preheat grill.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste. Grill, on 1 side for 5 minutes, or until golden brown. Turn the chicken over, brush with the sauce and continue grilling for 3 to 4 minutes, turn over and brush with sauce. Continue grilling and brushing with the sauce until the chicken is cooked through, approximately 12 to 15 minutes.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.