Recipe: Smoked Beef Tongue
Author: BBQ Grail
Recipe Type: Main
- 1 beef tongue, 2½ to 3 pounds
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ½ cup kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Combine all ingredients in a dutch oven or large pot. Use enough water to cover the tongue.
- Simmer tongue until tender.
- Cool and peel skin from the tongue
- Cold smoke tongue using a good hardwood. Keep temperature of smoker under 90 degrees or the tongue will dry out.
- Serve hot or cold.
Horseradish is a good compliment for smoked beef tongue. Give this BBQ sauce a try.