Mrs. Grail's Cinnamon Rolls
Author: BBQ Grail
I know it's not outdoor cooking, but these cinnamon rolls are so awesome. This is one of those great recipes that has been past around from family member to family member, from friend to friend.
- 2 packages yeast
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- 2½ cups luke warm water
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 5¼ cups flour &
- 1 cup flour
- 3 eggs
- Place water and yeast in a large bowl and dissolve, about 3 minutes
- Add yellow cake mix, 1 cup flour, eggs, oil and salt. Beat until bubbly
- Add the 5¼ cups flour, a little at a time. Stir until it forms a soft dough ball.
- Knead dough on floured surface for 5 minutes.
- Place in a greased bowl and let rise until doubled.
- Punch dough down and divide in two
- Roll out on floured surface, spread with butter and mixture of cinnamon and sugar.
- Roll up and cut into 1 inch thickness.
- Place in a prepared pan and let rise until doubled.
- Bake 25 to 35 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Glaze/Ice while hot