Korean-Style Marinated Skirt Steak With Grilled Scallions
Author: Hot Off The Grill With Bobby Flay
Recipe Type: Main
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sake
- 4 large garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 3 scallions, white part only (minced)
- 2 teaspoons finely-chopped ginger
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 pound skirt steak (trimmed, and)
- cut into 4 portions
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Salt (to taste)
- Freshly-ground black pepper (to taste)
- Grilled Scallions With Warm Tortillas ((see recipe))
- Preheat grill.
- Combine sugar, soy sauce, sake, garlic, scallions, ginger and sesame oil in a medium-size flat dish. Add the steak and coat well with the marinade. Let marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes, turning once.
- Remove meat from marinade and grill on each side for 2 to 3 minutes, for medium-rare. Remove from grill, cover and let rest for 5 minutes. Slice thinly against the grain. Serve with Grilled Hoisin Glazed Scallions With Warm Flour Tortillas.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
- Comments: The original recipe title as listed is "Korean-Style Marinated Skirt Steak With Grilled Scallions And Warm Tortillas".