Idaho® Potato Napoleon with Grilled Vegetables
Author: Idaho Potato Commission
Recipe Type: Side Dish
- 12 oz Fresh Idaho Russet Potato
- 2 oz Leeks (fine dice)
- 2 oz Red pepper
- 1½ oz Yellow pepper
- 1 oz Orange pepper
- 2 oz Fresh spinach
- 1 oz Summer squash (sliced)
- 2 oz Red onion (sliced)
- 1 oz Zucchini squash (sliced)
- 1 ea Plum tomato (fine dice)
- ¼ oz Garlic (minced)
- 1½ oz Kosher salt
- ½ oz Black pepper
- 1 oz White wine
- 2 oz Olive oil
- ¼ oz Parsley chopped
- Lightly coat the peppers, onion slices, summer squash and zucchini with olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Grill until al dente. Remove skin from peppers. Julienne vegetables, and keep separate.
- Grate potato mix with diced leeks, salt and pepper. Divide into 3 equal portions - form 3 each round cakes. Cook in olive oil on both sides until golden brown. Place cakes on sheet pan and bake at 3500 until crisp. Wilt spinach in sauté pan over high heat (1 minute). Remove spinach, add garlic and tomato. Cook 1 minute. Add white wine, salt and pepper. Reduce until dry.
- To assemble: Place I cake on base of plate, top with spinach, onions and squashes. Place 1 cake on top of vegetables, top with peppers. Place 1 cake on top of peppers, top with ¼ tomato product. Using remaining tomato, divide into ⅓ and place tomatoes around plate in 3 areas.
- Chop parsley, sprinkle over whole Napoleon. Serve.