Grilled Sweet and Sour Alaska Halibut
Recipe Type: Entree
- 4 Wild Alaska Halibut , cut into fillets or steaks (about 1½ lb)
- ¼ cup firmly packed Brown Sugar
- 3 Tbsp Rice or Cider Vinegar
- 3 Tbsp Ketchup
- 1 Tbsp reduced-sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- ¾ tsp ground Ginger
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, halved and seeded
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, halved and seeded
- 2 Scallions, cut in 2" julienne strips
- Preheat the grill to medium heat. When ready to cook, spray the grill rack with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large shallow bowl, combine the brown sugar, ¼ cup water, the vinegar, ketchup, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger. Measure out ¼ cup of the mixture and set aside. Add the halibut to the mixture remaining in the bowl, turning to coat.
- Grill the bell pepper halves, cut-sides up, for 5 minutes, or until the skin is blackened. When cool enough to handle, peel the peppers and cut them into thin strips.
- Grill the halibut, uncovered, turning once, for 5 minutes or until the halibut is just opaque.
- Place the halibut on 4 plates, top with the reserved brown sugar mixture, the bell pepper strips and the scallions, and serve.