Grilled Squid And Vidalia Onion Salad With Grilled Tomatoes
Author: Hot Off The Grill With Bobby Flay
Recipe Type: Main
- 4 plum tomatoes (halved)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt (to taste)
- Freshly-ground black pepper (to taste)
- 8 whole squid (skinned, cleaned)
- 2 medium Vidalia onions (sliced ¼" thick)
- ½ pound arugula
- ½ pound frisee
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 6 mint leaves (cut chiffonade)
- Preheat the grill.
- Brush tomatoes with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill until just soft.
- Brush squid and onions with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill squid for 3 minutes on each side. Grill onions on both sides until tender.
- Toss greens with olive oil and lemon and season with salt and pepper. Arrange greens on a platter and top with squid and onions, tomato, and mint.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.