Grilled Sardines With Lemon-Pepper Vinaigrette
Author: Hot Of The Grill With Bobby Flay
Recipe Type: Main
- 12 fresh sardines - (abt 1 lb)
- Olive oil (as needed)
- Salt (to taste)
- Freshly-ground black pepper (to taste)
Lemon Pepper Vinaigrette
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 small shallot (coarsely chopped)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat grill.
- Wash the sardines and soak in cold water for 10 minutes. Dry well. Grill the sardines for 3 to 5 minutes until just cooked through. Serve with the Lemon-Pepper Vinaigrette.
- For the Lemon-Pepper Vinaigrette, Place lemon juice and shallot in a blender and blend until smooth. Slowly add the olive oil and blend until emulsified. Add pepper and salt and blend for 5 seconds.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.