Grilled Onion Guacamole
Recipe Type: Appetizer
- 2 tablespoons corn oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon crushed black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground whole cumin seeds
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 3 avocados, ½" dice
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 serrano chilies, chopped
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- fresh lime juice, to taste
- In a small bowl, combine oil, lemon juice, vinegar, pepper, cumin, and salt. Mix thoroughly.
- Peel and slice onion ¼-inch thick and pour marinade over top. Marinate for 1 hour.
- Drain off liquid and lay the onion slices on a hot grill. Grill for 3 minutes per side.
- When done, combine with remaining ingredients in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed.
- Taste for seasoning, and keep at room temperature until ready to serve.
I came across a file with thousands of BBQ recipes. They look at least 10 years old and most don't have any type of credit of where they came from. If you recognize a recipe please let me know so I can give proper credit.