Grilled Marinated Skirt Steak
- ¾ cup cumin seeds, lightly toasted
- 6 jalapeno chilies
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- ½ cup lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 3 bunches cilantro, stems and leaves, wa
- 1½ cups olive oil
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 3 lbs skirt steak, trimmed of excess fat
- Place cumin seeds, jalapenos, garlic, black pepper, salt and lime juice in blender and puree until cumin seeds are finely ground. Add remaining ingredients and puree until smooth.
- Cut the steak into 6 serving pieces. Generously brush meat with marinade and roll each piece into a cylinder.
- Arrange the rolled steaks in a shallow dish and pour remaining marinade over the meat.
- Cover and marinate for 24-48 hours in the refrigerator.
- Cook steaks over hot coals for 3-4 minutes per side.
- Transfer to cutting board and slice across the grain into diagonal strips.
I came across a file with thousands of BBQ recipes. They look at least 10 years old and most don't have any type of credit of where they came from. If you recognize a recipe please let me know so I can give proper credit.