Grilled Apple Turkey Burgers
Author: BBQ Grail
Recipe Type: Main
Courtesy of Eat More Turkey.
- 1 Pound GROUND TURKEY
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and grated
- ½ Teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ Teaspoon salt
- ¼ Teaspoon pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) Can jellied cranberry sauce
- ½ Teaspoon dry mustard
- ⅛ Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ Teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- Preheat grill for direct-heat cooking.
- In medium-size bowl combine turkey, apple, coriander, salt and pepper. Mix gently. Evenly divide and shape turkey mixture into 4 burgers, approximately 3-1/2 inches in diameter.
- Grill turkey burgers 5 to 6 minutes per side or until 165 degrees F is reached on food thermometer and turkey is no longer pink in center.
- In small bowl, combine cranberry sauce, mustard, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- To serve, place one burger on bottom half of each bun. Spoon sauce over burgers and top with other half of bun.