Captain’s Table BBQ Roast
Recipe Type: Main Dish
- 5 lbs rolled roast
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- ½ cup Chablis
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly slivered
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ⅓ cup lite soy sauce
- ¾ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¾ tablespoon crushed Thai chili peppers
- Combine first eight ingredients in a mixing bowl, stir well and pour into a durable plastic bag.
- With the tip of a sharp knife, penetrate the outer skin of the roast and insert the slivered garlic cloves. Add beef to the bag, seal and turn to thoroughly coat. Let stand a minimum of 1½ hours, turning several times.
- Add honey to sauce pan, heat gently. Add all other glaze ingredients, stir frequently. DO NOT BRING TO A BOIL! Remove from heat.
- PREPARATION: Preheat grill to minimum 325F. Remove beef from marinade, reserve for future use. Set beef on rack. Insert meat thermometer so that probe is in the center of the meat. Cover with tinfoil tent and place on grill or spit. For rare meat, roast for 33 minutes per pound or up to an internal temperature of 140F. for rare meat, 160F for medium.
- G;aze after 30 minutes. Remove foil for last ½ hour. Remove from grill and let stand for fifteen minutes before slicing thinly. Remaining glaze can be re-heated and used as a sauce.