Black Rice, Mixed Grains & Brussel Sprouts Stir Fry
Author: BBQ Grail
Recipe Type: Side Dish
- Place 1½ cups Black Rice and Mixed Grains in a rice steamer. Add 3 cups of water and steam rice until done. Set aside to cool.
- Combine soy sauce, fish sauce, water, ginger and yuzu juice in a jar, seal and shake to combine. Set aside.
- Prepare an ice water bath.
- Bring a pot of heavily salted water to a boil. Reduce heat to a slow simmer and add shaved Brussels Sprouts. Cook for 1½ minutes. Using a slotted spoon or strainer, dunk the sprouts in the ice water bath to stop the cooking process.
- Strain all the water and set aside.
- Pre-heat your wok and add 3 tablespoons olive oil. Heat until very hot
- Add Brussels Sprouts and stir fry until they start to brown, slightly. Add the cooled black rice and mixed grains and stir fries to heat through and combine.
- Add the soy sauce mixture and mushrooms. Stir fry to combine.
- Cover and allow the mushrooms to cook through.
- Serve immediately.