Asian-Style Turkey Sausage and Fruit Kebabs
Author: BBQ Grail
Recipe Type: Main
Courtesy Eat More Turkey
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- ¼ Cup hoisin sauce
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 2 Tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 Tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Pound SMOKED TURKEY SAUSAGE, cut into 1-1/2 inch lengths
- 1 Medium pineapple, peeled, cored & cut in quarters lengthwise, then in thirds crosswise to form 12 wedges
- 8 Large green onions, cut into 2-inch lengths
- Spray unheated grill rack well with nonstick vegetable oil. Prepare grill for indirect heat cooking (see NOTE below).
- In small bowl combine hoisin sauce, honey, sherry and soy sauce. Set aside.
- On 12-inch skewers, alternating ingredients, arrange turkey sausage, pineapple and green onions.
- Grill kebabs over medium-hot heat 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned and onions are softened, basting frequently with sauce.
- Cooking tip: Purchase already peeled and cored whole pineapple in refrigerated portion of supermarket's produce section.
- NOTE: To set up GAS grill for indirect cooking, preheat all burners on high. Turn one burner off; place kebabs over “off” burner. Reset remaining burner(s) to medium. Close lid to cook. To set up CHARCOAL grill for indirect cooking, arrange hot coals around outer edge of grill; place disposable aluminum pan in open space. Place kebabs over open area and close lid to cook.