Asian Planked Grilled Alaskan Salmon
Recipe Type: Entree
- 1 lb Wild Alaskan Salmon fillet
- sea salt
- olive oil
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon chili oil
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Mix marinade ingredients together. Place fillet in snug-fitting glass dish; pour marinade over to
- coat. Marinade fillet skin side up in refrigerator 4-6 hours.
- Soak cedar plank 2-4 hours, weighting it to submerse plank completely.
- Brush one side lightly with olive oil, place oiled side down on preheated grill and char.
- Oil other side, flip plank. Sprinkle charred side of plank lightly with sea salt, place salmon fillet on plank skin side down. Grill 10 min per inch of thickness, basting with remaining marinade. Use flipper to lift fillet when done, separating from skin.