Asian Grilled Turkey Thighs
Author: BBQ Grail
Recipe Type: Main
Courtesy Eat More Turkey
- ¾ Cup plain barbecue sauce
- ¼ Cup sliced green onions, white and green parts
- 3 Tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 Teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 Teaspoon fresh gingerroot, peeled and minced
- 2 Pounds TURKEY THIGHS, skinned and excess fat removed
- In 2-cup measure, combine barbecue sauce, onions, soy sauce, sesame seeds, garlic and ginger. Remove ⅓ cup, cover and refrigerate.
- Pierce holes in thighs using tines of fork.
- In self-closing food-safe plastic bag, combine thighs and remaining marinade. Seal bag and refrigerate overnight, turning occasionally to marinate evenly.
- Prepare grill for indirect heat cooking (see note below). Cook thighs over medium heat 25 to 30 minutes per side until food thermometer, inserted in thickest portion of thigh, registers 170 -175 degrees F. During last 10 minutes of cooking, brush with reserved marinade.
- Serve hot with favorite rice dish and a vegetable, if desired.
- NOTE: To set up GAS grill for indirect cooking, preheat all burners on high. Turn one burner off; place thighs over “off” burner. Reset remaining burner(s) to medium. Close lid to cook. To set up CHARCOAL grill for indirect cooking, arrange hot coals around outer edge of grill; place disposable aluminum pan in open space. Place thighs over open area and close lid to cook.