Alder Plank Grilled Orange Wild Alaskan Salmon
Recipe Type: Entree
- 1 Wild Alaskan Salmon Fillet , about 1½ lbs
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 lemon or orange, juice and zest
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Marinate the salmon in remaining ingredients. Meanwhile, soak an alder plank in cold water for about 2 hours, weighting it down with something heavy.
- Place salmon on plank skin side down. Put the plank directly on the barbecue grill. Close the lid and cook over medium-high heat for about 20 minutes. Preparation time: 2 hours Cooking time: 20 minutes depending on thickness of salmon. Serves 2.