Alder Plank Grilled Luau Salmon
Recipe Type: Entree
- 1 Alder Grilling Plank
- ½ cup rice vinegar
- ½ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 Ttblespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 3½ lbs. of Wild Alaskan Salmon Fillets
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Immerse and soak the plank in water 1 hour. Drain.
- To prepare grill for indirect grilling, heat one side of the grill to high heat. Combine vinegar and the next 6 ingredients (vinegar through lemon) in a large zip top plastic bag, seal. Shake to combine. add Salmon and seal tight. Marinate in refrigerator 30 mins., turning once.
- Place plank on grill rack over high heat, grill 5 mins. or till lightly charred. Carefully turn plank over, move to cool side of grill.
- Remove the Salmon from marinade and discard marinade. Place salmon, skin side down on charred side of plank. Cover and grill 15 mins. or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Sprinkle with green onions and sesame seeds.