Recipe: Adobo BBQ Sauce #1
Recipe Type: BBQ Sauce
- 3 large dried ancho chilies, seeded
- 1 dried Pasilla chile, seeded
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup distilled white vinegar
- 1½ teaspoon sugar
- Cover chilies with hot water, let sit for 15 min.
- Combine chilies, and ¼ to ½ cup of the water they were soaking in, onion, garlic, oregano and cumin in a blender and puree. Sauté the mixture in oil for 5 min add vinegar and sugar and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer until thick about 5-8 min.