Pungent BBQ Sauce
Recipe Type: BBQ Sauce
- 1 cup olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup minced onion
- 1 cup minced greep pepper
- 1 cup tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 stocks celery, minced
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ¼ cup chopped Parsley
- 1 cup Red wine
- 1 cup Beef stock
- 1 cup Tomato puree
- 1½ teaspoon salt
- Saute the garlic in the oil until browned and almost crisp.
- Add the onions and cook until tender but not browned.
- Add green pepper, tomatos, celery, basil, chili powder, stock and vinegar. Cover and let simmer for 40 minutes
- Run the mixture through a blender or food processor.
- Add the remaining ingredients and simmer for at least 10 min., the longer this sauce simmers the better it makes it.
- To serve this sauce can be used either hot or cold for basting or serving
- on the table.
- Makes 5½ cups and can be stored in the refrigerator
I came across a file with thousands of BBQ recipes. They look at least 10 years old and most don't have any type of credit of where they came from. If you recognize a recipe please let me know so I can give proper credit.