Pulled Pork Tostadas with Slaw and Chipotle Cream
Author: Pork Be Inspired
Recipe Type: Entree
- 1 to 1¼ pounds Pulled Pork, warm or room temperature
- 3 or 4 limes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil or other neutral-flavored oil
- 8 cups finely shredded cabbage or 1 10-ounce bag finely shredded cabbage or slaw mix
- ¾ cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ chipotle pepper from a can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, seeded and finely minced
- 6 8-inch or 12 4-inch tostadas (flat, crisped corn tortillas)
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 3 radishes, cut into wedges
- Halve and squeeze 1 or 2 of the limes to yield 2 tablespoons of juice. In a large bowl, combine the lime juice and oil.
- Add the cabbage, onion, and cilantro, tossing to combine. Add salt to taste.
- Cut the remaining 2 limes into 6 wedges each. Set the slaw and lime wedges aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream and chipotle. Season with salt and set aside.
- Arrange the tortillas on plates. Top with the pork, slaw, sour cream mixture, and tomatoes.
- Arrange the lime and radish wedges alongside and serve.
Serving suggestions If you like, you can use regular tortillas, warmed up, instead of the crisped ones, to make soft tacos instead of tostadas. And you can experiment with the slaw to make it your own – try adding shredded zucchini, thinly sliced bell pepper, or diced cucumber.