Pulled Pork Salad with Peaches and Cilantro
Author: Pork Be Inspired
Recipe Type: Entree
- 8 ounces cooked pulled pork (using lean sirloin), warm or room temperature
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1½ tablespoons canola oil or other neutral-flavored oil
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon ground allspice
- Salt and pepper
- 5 ounces mixed salad greens (10 cups lightly packed)
- 1 large peach, pitted and thinly sliced
- ½ small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- ½ cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, oil, brown sugar, ginger, and allspice. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the greens, peach, onion, and cilantro. Add some of the dressing and toss.
- Arrange the salad on a platter or plates and top with the pork. Drizzle some of the remaining dressing over the pork, top with the almonds, and serve.
Serving suggestions To vary the recipe, enjoy it with a nectarine, plums, or apricots instead of the peach. If those fruits aren’t in season, try apples, mangoes, or berries. You can also use spinach or arugula instead of the mixed greens. And to make preparation even easier, instead of making the dressing, use your favorite bottled Asian-style or Chinese chicken salad dressing.