Pop's BBQ Sauce
Recipe Type: BBQ Sauce
- 2 tablespoon corn oil
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 6-10 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed oregano
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup Chili sauce
- ½ cup Unsulphured molasses
- 2 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 6-10 drops red pepper sauce
- In medium saucepan heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic, reduce heat to low and cook about 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add Worchestershire sauce, pepper and oregano; simmer 10 additional minutes,stirring frequently.
- In bowl mix ketchup, chili sauce, molasses and vinegar; blend into onion mixture and simmer 30-40 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Blend in red-pepper sauce.
I came across a file with thousands of BBQ recipes. They look at least 10 years old and most don't have any type of credit of where they came from. If you recognize a recipe please let me know so I can give proper credit.