Planked Alaska Salmon with Terrific Taj Rub
Recipe Type: Entree
- 1 Tablespoon garam masala (Indian spice)
- 1 to 2 teaspoons packed brown sugar, to taste
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 1-1/2 pounds Alaska Salmon fillets or steaks
- Soak wood plank in water 30 minutes to 2 hours. Blend all ingredients except Alaska Salmon.
- Pat wood plank with paper towels and spray-coat or lightly oil one side. Lay salmon on coated side of plank; spread 1 to 2 teaspoons rub mixture onto each salmon portion (not skin) or apply all of the rub to salmon side. Let the salmon rest 5 minutes before cooking.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Grill salmon using indirect heat (not directly over heat) in covered grill for 10 to 15 minutes. Cook just until salmon is opaque throughout.
Chef’s Tip: This recipe works great whether you use a plank or cook straight on the grill. Or, bake at 400°F (6 to 7 inches from heat source) for 10 to 15 minutes.