Pineapple Willie's Jack Daniel's BBQ Sauce
Recipe Type: BBQ Sauce
- ½ large onion, minced
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- ¾ cup Jack Daniel's Whiskey
- 2 c up ketchup
- ⅓ cup Vinegar
- ¼ cup Worcestershire Sauce
- ½ cup Brown Sugar, packed
- ¾ cup Molasses
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ tablespoon Salt
- ¼ cup Tomato Paste
- 2 tablespoon liquid smoke
- ⅓ teaspon Tabasco
- Combine onion, garlic, and Jack Daniel's Whiskey in a 3-quart saucepan.
- Saute' until onion and garlic are translucent, approximately 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and light mixture; flame for 20 seconds.
- Add all remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, then turn down to a medium simmer.
- Simmer 20 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Run sauce through a medium strainer to remove onion and garlic bits if you prefer a smoother sauce. Cool and enjoy.
- NOTE: This sauce gets better with age. If time permits, keep it in the
- refrigerator a day or so to develop a deeper, richer taste.
I came across a file with thousands of BBQ recipes. They look at least 10 years old and most don't have any type of credit of where they came from. If you recognize a recipe please let me know so I can give proper credit.