Peppery Beef Tri-Tip with Skewered Vegetables
Recipe Type: Entree
- 1 beef tri-tip roast (1-1/2 to 2 pounds)
- ½ cup prepared Italian dressing
- 6 cups assorted vegetables (onion wedges, ¾-inch zucchini or yellow squash slices, 1-inch red bell pepper pieces, medium mushrooms)
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- Combine seasoning ingredients.
- Mix 1 teaspoon with dressing.
- Press remaining seasoning onto beef roast.
- Alternately thread vegetables onto 12-inch metal skewers; brush with dressing.
- Place roast on grid over medium, ash-covered coals or over medium heat on preheated gas grill.
- Grill; covered 25 to 35 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, basting roast with remaining sauce while grilling and turning occasionally.
- Grill vegetables 20 to 25 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally.
- Remove roast when instant-read thermometer registers 135°F for medium rare; 150°F for medium.
- Tent loosely with aluminum foil; let stand 10 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise to 145°F for medium rare; 160°F for medium.) Carve across the grain into thin slices.
- Serve with vegetables.