Musselman's® Apple Jalapeno BBQ Sauce
Recipe Type: BBQ Sauce
- ¼ cup fresh jalapeño peppers slices, seeds removed
- 1 21-ounce can Musselman's® Apple Pie Filling
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 6-ounce can tomato paste
- ¼ cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Combine apple pie filling, vinegar, onion, cilantro, chipotle, jalapeños, chili powder, salt, and cumin in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes or until jalapeños are tender. Remove from heat.
- Use an immersion blender to blend the mixture in the saucepan, or cool slightly and transfer to a food processor or blender. Cover and blend until smooth.
- Return to saucepan (if needed) and whisk in tomato paste, molasses, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes, or until sauce thickens to desired consistency. Season chops with ¼ teaspoon salt and the pepper.
apple jalapeno bbq sauce