Memphis Style Dry Ribs
Recipe Type: Entree
- 2 Racks of Spare Ribs
- 4 tbsp Kosher Salt
- 2 tbsp White granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp Brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Chili powder
- 2 tbsp Paprika
- 1 tbsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tbsp Granulated Garlic
- Heat cooker to 250F (225F-275F) is okay too, but it will change the cooking time
- Trim ribs – remove excess fat, skin and meat. Remove outer membrane on the back.
- Sprinkle (do not rub) the rub mixture onto the meat
- Place ribs on the smoker with the bone side down
- Close the lid to the smoke chamber and DO NOT LOOK for 2 hours.
- At the 2 hour point the meat should have started pulling back from the bone a little bit, it all looks well, close lid and keep cooking.
- At the 4 hour mark it is time to start checking for doneness. I do this with a toothpick in the meat between the bones. It should slide in with little to no resistance.
- Remove ribs when done (at 250F it normally takes ~5-6 hrs in my cooker)