Author: Barbecuing The Weber Covered Way, 1963
Recipe Type: Entree
This is an old recipe. Some of the techniques might be different than what you're used to.
- 2 pounds ground chuck
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup fin dry bread or corn flake crumbs
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- salad oil
- 3 slices bacon, cut in half crosswise
- Combine all ingredients except oil and bacon in a large bowl; mix well
- Press meat mixture into a well greased 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan, smooth off top and brush with oil.
- Center pan on cooking grill; cover kettle and bake 30 minutes.
- Remove from grill; arrange bacon slices crosswise on top.
- Return to grill, cover and cook 30 to 40 minutes or until done.