Hot Barbecue Sauce
Recipe Type: BBQ Sauce
- 4 cup Tomato sauce
- 1½ cup Cola, Coca-Cola, Pepsi, RC
- 1½ cup Cider vinegar
- 1½ cup Chili sauce
- ¼ cup Prepared mustard
- ½ cup Bottled steak sauce
- 2 ea Juice from 2 lemons
- ½ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoon Vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 teaspoon Tabasco Sauce
- 1¼ cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoon Black pepper, fresh ground
- 2 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- In a large saucepan, combine the tomato sauce, cola, vinegar, chili sauce, mustard, steak sauce, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, oil, soy sauce, and Tabasco. Stir well. Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- In a small bowl or glass jar with a lid, combine the borwn sugar, pepper,garlic salt, and dry mustard. Stir or shake to blend.
- Add the dry ingredients to the tomato mixture and stir well. Increase the heat to medium-high and bring to a brisk simmer, stirring frequently. Cook for about 20 minutes or longer for thicker, more intensely flavored sauce. The longer the sauce cooks, the less is its final volume.
- Cover the saucepan and reduce the heat to low. Cook for about 30 minutes until the flavors are well blended. Cool to tepid. Use immediately or cover and refrigerate up to 1 week.