Grilled Spiced Leg of Lamb
Recipe Type: Entree
- 1 Australian boneless lamb leg, butterflied
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon cardamom seeds
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Place the dry spices, salt and pepper in a spice grinder or mortar and pestle, and grind to release the flavors. In a bowl, mix the ground spices and olive oil to combine.
- Coat the lamb with the spice mixture and massage into the meat. Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour or overnight.
- Heat outdoor grill to medium heat; place the lamb onto the grill skin side down and close the lid. Occasionally baste with any remaining marinade. Cook to desired doneness, 10-15 minutes on each side for medium rare.
- Remove from grill and cover with foil. Allow to rest 10 minutes in a covered, warm place.
- To serve, slice thinly and serve with your favorite chutney and a fresh salad.