Grilled Rib Eye Steak Adobo With Charred Spring Onions
Recipe Type: Entree
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- ¼ cup fresh oregano, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons cumin seeds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons grainy mustard
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup red wine vinegar
- 4 16 oz Rib Eye Steaks
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 8 spring onions, roots trimmed off
- 2 limes, quartered
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients and mix well to make a paste.
- Sprinkle the steaks with salt and pepper. Reserve about ¼ cup of the spice paste, and rub the steaks generously with the remaining
- Place the steaks on the grill over a hot fire and cook for 5 to 7 minutes per side for rare. If you like your meat more well done, cook it until it is almost the way you like it but not quite there, since it will cook a little more after you take it off the heat.
- Remove the steaks from the grill, brush on the reserved spice
- rub, and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle the spring onions lightly with salt and pepper and place them on the grill. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, rolling over several times, or until the outsides are brown.
- Remove the spring onions from the grill and slice in half lengthwise. Serve each of the steaks with a halved spring onion, a squeeze or two of lime.