Grilled Lamb Greek Salad Wrap
Author: Hot Off The Grill With Bobby Flay
Recipe Type: Entree
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely-chopped lemon zest
- 4 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons coarsely-chopped rosemary leaves
- 1½ pounds lamb tenderloin
- 4 pocketless pitas or Lavash
- 1 cucumber, peeled, and
- cut into ½" dice
- 2 tomatoes, cut into ½" dice
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons mint chiffonade
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Feta Yogurt Sauce
- 1 cup yogurt, drained
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, zest, garlic and rosemary in a medium shallow baking dish, add lamb and turn to coat. Marinate in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Preheat grill.
- Grill lamb on both sides for 3 to 4 minutes for medium doneness. Let sit 10 minutes and slice into ¼-inch thick slices.
- Tomato Salad: Mix all ingredients together and let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Feta Yogurt Sauce: Mix all ingredients in a small bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Place 4 slices of lamb in the center of each pita. Top with tomato salad and drizzle with yogurt sauce.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.